In order to control and supervise the operation of karaoke services
|What is it ||License |
|Who should apply ||90 Cultural and sport activities |
Since 25 May 2005, by Directive 18/2005/CT-TTg, the issuance of new Business License for operating bars, karaoke bars and dancing hall has temporarily ceased.
|Where to apply || |
Provincial/municipal Department of Culture and Information in provinces
|Validity of the License and application fee || |
|Application conditions and documents || |
Eligibility of Applicants:
- Karaoke parlors must be at least 200 m far from schools, hotels, religious and belief establishments, historical-cultural relics and state administrative agencies;
- Karaoke rooms must be 20 m2 large each, excluding the area of the water closet; ensure conditions for fire prevention and fight.
- The door of a karaoke room must be made of transparent glass, allowing a full view of the entire room from outside;
- Interior door locks or bolts or alarming devices must not be installed in order to cope with inspection activities conducted by competent state agencies;
- For karaoke parlors located in residential quarters, written agreement of families living in adjacent houses is required.
- Compliance with the local karaoke business planning;
- To ensure that the light in the karaoke rooms must be more than 10 lux, equivalent to a 40W incandescent light per 20m2;
- To ensure that the volume of sound leaking out of karaoke rooms must not exceed the minimum noise limit prescribed by the State.
Application file: Application for granting permit
|The process || |
- If organizations or individuals that meet all conditions wish to deal in karaoke business, they must send applications for business permits to the provincial/municipal Culture and Information Services or authorized district agencies;
- Within 10 (ten) working days after the date of receipt of applications, provincial/municipal Culture and Information Services or authorized district agencies shall have to grant business permits; in case of refusal to grant permits, they must reply in writing, stating the reason thereof.
|How long it will take to process the application? ||10 working days |
|Inspecting authorities || |
- Ministry of Culture and Information
- Provincial/municipal Department of Culture and Information in provinces
|Non-compliance penalty || |
Penalties range from 1.500.000 VND to 10,000,000 VND. See Article 35 of Government’s Decree No. 31/2001/ND-CP on sanctioning administrative violations in the culture and information domain.
|Legal texts regulating this license || |
|Other useful information || |
Establishments dealing in other services and organizations or individuals, when organizing karaoke activities in public places for non-commercial purposes, shall not have to apply for a permit but must comply with the stipulated regulations.