In order to control and supervise the operation of dance hall
|What is it ||License |
|Who should apply ||90 Cultural and sport activities |
Since 25 May 2005, by Directive 18/2005/CT-TTg, issuance of new Business License for operating bars, karaoke bars and dancing hall has temporarily ceased.
|Where to apply || |
Provincial Department of Culture and Information
|Validity of the License and application fee ||Unspecified |
|Application conditions and documents || |
Eligibility of Applicants:
- Having dancing floor with an area of at least 80 m2, and meet the requirements of preventing and fighting fire;
- Dancing hall must be at least 200 m far from schools, hospitals, research institute;
- The direct manager of the dancing hall have to have at least intermediate degree of culture and arts;
- Having suitable equipments that meet the standards of audio;
- To ensure that the light in the dancing hall must be more than 10lux, equivalent to a 40W incandescent light per 20m2;
- To ensure that the volume of sound leaking out of the dance hall must not exceed the minimum noise limit prescribed by the State.
- Application for granting permit.
|The process || |
- If organizations or individuals that meet all conditions wish to deal in dancing hall business, they must send applications for business permits to the provincial/municipal Culture and Information Services or authorized district agencies;
- Within 10 (ten) working days after the date of receipt of applications, provincial/municipal Culture and Information Services or authorized district agencies shall have to grant business permits; in case of refusal to grant permits, they must reply in writing, stating the reason thereof.
|How long it will take to process the application? ||10 working days |
|Inspecting authorities || |
- Ministry of Culture and Information
- Provincial Department of Culture and Information
|Non-compliance penalty || |
Penalties range from 1.500.000 VND to 10.000.000 VND. See Article 35 of Government’s Decree No. 31/2001/ND-CP on sanctioning administrative violations in the culture and information domain.
|Legal texts regulating this license || |
|Other useful information || |
Agencies or organizations, when organizing dancing for non-commercial purposes within their own agencies or organizations, shall not have to apply for a permit but must observe the provisions of the Regulation on activities and security and order assurance.